Garland Real Estate
Unfurling the Splendors of Garland
Located in the northeastern part of Texas, Garland is a city that seamlessly weaves urban sophistication with a warm, community spirit. Known for its lush parks, industrious spirit, and a plethora of activities, Garland has steadily emerged as a top-choice for individuals and families looking to lay down roots. Let's explore why Garland, TX, is the ideal place to live in, focusing on its entertainment, education, and employment opportunities.
Entertainment: The Garland Glow
Garland's entertainment landscape brims with options, ensuring that there's never a dull moment for its residents.
- Garland Opry: Experience the soul of Texas music at the Garland Opry, which hosts an array of musical shows and events.
- Outdoor Recreation: With over 60 parks, including the Spring Creek Forest Preserve, there's no shortage of green spaces to explore, hike, and relax in.
- Cultural Hubs: Dive into the city's arts and culture at places like the Granville Arts Center and Plaza Theatre, both of which offer a variety of performances year-round.
Whether you're a nature enthusiast, a culture vulture, or someone with an eclectic taste, Garland's vibrant entertainment scene promises to captivate.
Education: Garland's Commitment to Growth
The city's dedication to education shines brightly, boasting a network of schools and institutions designed to nurture and inspire.
- Garland Independent School District: GISD, with its multifaceted educational programs, caters to a diverse student base, ensuring holistic development.
- Higher Learning: Close to esteemed colleges like Richland College and Amberton University, Garland residents have easy access to tertiary education and professional courses.
- Libraries and Community Programs: Beyond formal education, the city encourages continuous learning through its libraries and community-driven classes.
In Garland, learning isn't confined to classrooms; it's a lifelong journey the entire community is a part of.
Employment: The Economic Engine of Garland
Garland isn't just a great place to reside; it's also a hub of employment opportunities. With a robust economic landscape, job prospects here are varied and abundant.
- Manufacturing Sector: Home to over 400 manufacturers, including giants like Raytheon and Kraft Foods, Garland has a rich industrial legacy.
- Technology: As the tech sector booms, Garland sees consistent growth in IT services, software development, and related fields.
- Retail and Services: From the Firewheel Town Center to local businesses, the city's retail and service industry is ever-expanding and offers diverse roles.
Offering a blend of traditional industries and emerging sectors, Garland's job market is dynamic and inviting.
Garland Listings Summary
Garland - Town vs. County Stats
Avg Price in Garland: $391,000 / County Avg $721,900
Avg Taxes in Garland: $6,600 / County Avg $9,600
Avg Sq. Ft. in Garland: 1,999 / County Avg 2,267
Avg Price per/sqft in Garland:$196 / County Avg $318
Avg Walkscore in Garland: 42 / County Avg 42
Avg Year Built in Garland: 1982 / County Avg 1984
Avg Days on Website in Garland: 53 / County Avg 58