Gladewater Real Estate
Discovering Gladewater: Texas's Antique Capital
Nestled in the piney woods of East Texas, Gladewater is a gem that embodies Southern charm and hospitality. Renowned as the "Antique Capital of East Texas", Gladewater is more than just a collector's paradise. It offers a balanced blend of recreational activities, solid educational establishments, and employment prospects. Let's explore what makes living in Gladewater a delightful experience.
Entertainment: Dive into Gladewater's Rich Heritage
Gladewater's storied past and vibrant present ensure that residents have a plethora of entertainment options to choose from.
- Antique Shopping: As the antique capital, the city streets are lined with antique stores, each filled with unique treasures waiting to be discovered.
- Lake Gladewater: A pristine location ideal for boating, fishing, and unwinding. Family picnics by the lakeside are a common weekend sight.
- Festivals and Rodeos: The annual Gladewater Round-Up Rodeo is a hallmark event, showcasing thrilling rodeo actions combined with live music.
The beauty of Gladewater lies in its ability to combine historical charm with contemporary fun, ensuring all residents find their niche of entertainment.
Education: Foundations of a Bright Future
Gladewater holds a robust educational framework, prioritizing the growth and development of its younger residents.
- Gladewater Independent School District: GISD is dedicated to nurturing students, emphasizing both academic achievements and extracurricular activities.
- Proximity to Higher Education: While Gladewater cherishes its small-town charm, it's conveniently located near larger cities offering a variety of colleges and vocational training institutes.
- Community Learning: The city supports lifelong learning through its community libraries, workshops, and classes for residents of all ages.
In Gladewater, education isn't just about textbooks. It's about instilling values, fostering growth, and cultivating future leaders.
Employment: Opportunities Amidst the Pines
Gladewater's economic landscape is diversified, catering to both its historical roots and the evolving needs of its residents.
- Antique Business: Given its status as an antique hub, numerous opportunities arise in the restoration, sales, and appraisal sectors.
- Oil Industry: With a rich history in the Texas oil boom, Gladewater still provides employment opportunities in oil exploration and related services.
- Local Businesses: From restaurants to boutiques, the local business scene in Gladewater is thriving and frequently on the lookout for passionate individuals.
Whether you're a budding entrepreneur, a seasoned professional, or looking for a fresh start, Gladewater's employment scene is both dynamic and welcoming.
Gladewater Listings Summary
Gladewater - Town vs. County Stats
Avg Price in Gladewater: $480,500 / County Avg $653,200
Avg Taxes in Gladewater: $5,100 / County Avg $3,900
Avg Sq. Ft. in Gladewater: 2,592 / County Avg 2,453
Avg Price per/sqft in Gladewater:$185 / County Avg $266
Avg Walkscore in Gladewater: 17 / County Avg 14
Avg Year Built in Gladewater: 1988 / County Avg 1987
Avg Days on Website in Gladewater: 76 / County Avg 105